Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 7, 2012

i am listening


i am listening

where i come from
where i been
only footprints
and memories can tell
and memories fail me
at times

where i am going
God only knows
at least that
is what they tell me

like a leaf in a Spring wind
i am disconnected from life
like a leaf in an Autumn breeze
the Trees that were once my solace
have let me go
to die
that i may serve

i look over my shoulder
at the plundered furrows
of the garden
that once bore luscious greens
and imaginations
and dreams
of past harvests
and fruits

yes, time
suits not the seeker
but it has served me well

i have gathered
collected
inspected
reflected
on more stories
that i can tell

and there are more
in that well
if not
me and my failing memory
will concoct a stew for you
to leave you wide-eyed
with awe
about all the things we saw
along the way
yesterday
and tomorrow too

how about you
do you have a story
about where you come from ?
please tell me . . .
i am listening


(c) 6 January 2012 : William S. Peters, Sr.


No comments: