Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Practicing Divinity


Practicing Divinity

I remember about 10 years ago, my Grandson got a Brand New bicycle for his birthday. As a proud and happy grandfather i watched him in his moments of wonder as he enjoyed his joys of discovery. I watched as he was attempting all types of tricks, and it made me reflect upon my self and the many years ago i occupied such focused wonder. As i watched him try doing wheel stands, there must have been some delusional trigger that went of within me, for i got up from my safe and comfortable position of museful observation and i convinced my self somehow that i was going to show him how it is done. He, my grandson readily embraced the idea of being offered the finite secrets of how to become a master (show off) of the “Wheel Stand”. Well . . . . laying there in the middle of the street so that i could get a good view of the Clouds and whatever else was up there . . .  i do think i saw the Stars and Moon as well.  I got up and dusted of my bruised remnants of pride and collected my “Grandfatherly” cloak of humility amongst the tears of laughter . . .  well, you can see the picture . . .

This morning i was speaking with a friend when this analogy came to me. You see, our Divinity is somewhat like this example i just shared with you. when i think about this Bicycle experience, i realize with the utmost clarity, now, that i had truly led my self to believe something that was not true. I was truly deluded by my self created illusions. Now, when Truth smacked me up beside my head, or was it the pavement . . . . well either way, in my “awakening” process, i was forced to acknowledge my short comings. I then was confronted with a few choices in my newly discovered reality. I could go on to practice and become once again proficient in the arena of doing “Wheel Stands”. But in truth this was beyond my level of desire. I had no inkling whatsoever to get on a bike again to learn anything. I was not willing to make the uncomfortable sacrifices to get back in touch with the allusion of “i can do that”. Damn . . .  that was too much work. That would require me being dedicated to the task, and i was much too much into my “me-ness” and comfortable “self deluded” lifestyle.

When i looked closely at this picture, it was very easy for me to realize that as much as i dreamed or convinced my self about my physical prowess, i was “NOT” in touch ! Needless to say i then somehow transferred this abrupt insightful lesson i was taught some ten years ago into my “Today”. I began to question who i was and who i am in reference to my “Spiritual” “BE”ing. Was i being truthful with my self ? Were my “Self” analogies and reflections and introspections clear and lucid ? The next question that came to me, is “How would i know?”. What is the barometer upon which one can reconcile such questions. I began to ponder the same position i took about that fatefully rewarding Bicycle episode. I needed to practice.

Many time i like so many of us think that by Reading, Conversation, Prayer, Sermon, Teaching or watching a You Tube Video, we are somehow getting in touch with our higher “Self”. Perhaps we are . . .  if it causes us to reflect in Silence i think. I though about all the things of Creation that may help me mitigate through all the Noise and Subterfuge of life. What i was looking for is that Gem that shines in the Darkest of Night and the Brightest of Day. As i pondered a bit more, a Silence came about me. was this because i was “Diligently Seeking” . . . or because i was “Allowing”? Me thinks it was a fine balance of both. I then went for a walk to commune with Nature. I find at these time, there is nothing better that spending some time in a Wood, near the Ocean, on a Mountain, in a Flower Garden, or just taking my shoes off and walking in the Dirt or Grass. I find that these times put me very quickly in the  “Being” set or “mind set” to be able to receive. You see it is like a Spiritual Practice of sort . . . like a Tune up of my Soul. Why you can even do such things as listen to your Breath, turn a faucet on and listen to the water as it cascades into the Sink or wherever it is going. Sometimes i will even take a shower and focus on my connection with the Spirit of the Water beating upon my consciousness. I will usually meditate and pray for clarity at these times. I most certainly love Stormy Days and Rain. All these are like lamps upon this path that i travel that ushers forth a deeper reverence and gratitude for life it’s self and the Creational Beauty and Perfection of it all. After these sessions, i feel spiritually connected and i again feel that i am rolling along with the Cycle of Life as one symbiotic movement. I am empowered ! I have a Brand New Bike and i again feel like i can do “Wheel Stands”.

Practicing Divinity


(c) 2 December 2010 : William S. Peters, Sr.

No comments: