Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

ithe room in the corner of my mind


the room in the corner of my mind

i sit in this room in the corner of my mind
pondering things
reflecting on past experiences
faces i have encountered
flashes of light
that has offered gifts of insight
the collective treasures of a road well travelled
as my life unraveled
so many times . . . i thought

was it these challenges that molded character
and personality
in this seemingly surreality
i characterize and label
as life
with excrescent rife
i question
all the things i have accepted
in this decepted reality

i put aside all this heavy me
and i go to that window of levity
that my soul sometimes looks out
at times i feel like a heavyweight fighter
in a heavyweight bout
being punched around
while fighting for the crown
of my doubt

funny how winners become losers
and the lost are found
but we are the choosers
of the mental and spiritual ground
we traverse
as i now do in this verse
as i examine the aspects of possibility
with a much needed and dire certainty
as the |”i” in me flirts with me
about the secrets of being me

but as i said,
i am led
to that window of levity
with the verity
that it is now a time for me to laugh
for the wrath we sometime exact
upon ourselves
leads to no good end
though many times in this room
in the corner of my mind
we defend
the delusions we create
as if such is our fate

snicker, giggle, squirm and wiggle
uncomfortable i am
with the appearance of the insurmountable
task to overcome
i ask
how can i come
to realize my sum
of my being
when all i am seeing
are the defined
corners of this room
in my mind
what do i hope to find ?
more dreams ?

it seems
that perhaps i once was content
with this sentiment
but no more
i must find the door
that opens to the bridge of understanding
i am demanding now
some how i must discover
uncover
that bridge that leads across the river of fear
as i leer at the valleys
of despair
have i not paid the toll
what is the price
will not my very life suffice
i gave it
i give it
i choose to live it
as it was given
freely
yet for some reason
in this life’s season
i have chosen this room instead

here comes that verity of levity
again
i laugh
and the walls that seemingly sealed my fate
they begin to dissipate
as the delusional illusion for what they are
and the light long forgotten
comes back on
and the walls are gone
and with but a smile,
a laugh,
a wiggle and a giggle
i am liberated
and life once again is celebrated
and i am extricated
from this room in the corner of my mind

the gift of laughter liberates us . . .


(c) 26 December 2010 : William S. Peters, Sr.

No comments: