Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

friend . . .



friend

today it was in my spirit
just as it is any other day
i was consumed with the urge
to sit and exact just what you mean to me
friend

i started to grab my pen and pad
but i elected to use the electronic apparatus instead
my computer
and as i took inventory
and started to compute
about what you mean to me
i became overwhelmed
for there were so many friends
i held consciously in my heart

i then began to search in the depths of my mind
for metaphors
and adjectives
i could express
and give back to you
about all that you do
in the enhancement
of my life
my heart
my thoughts
and my being
friend

there are many who have over the years told us
that friend meant such things as
trust
being there
acceptance
love and such
but what i cherish the most
my friend
is the touch
the feel of your presence
yes, that is my present
and i am embracing it now
my friend

many of you have faces
that i have never seen
up close an personal
but that is ok
friendship should not be held to such standards anyway

and i sit here searching for that next line
as i try to define
within the confines
of my searching mind
and though i may somewhat express
i must confess
that it is more about the blessing
of how my countenance shines
and my soul sings
of the grandeur of this present
your presence
friend

i know that you know
that we are connected
perhaps that is what friends expose in us
that ability to trust
in our greater selves
you friend touch that special spirit
of who i am
and i am grateful
yes i am thankful
to call you

friend


(c) 29 December 2010 : William S. Peters, Sr.

No comments: