Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 7, 2013

to be of thee


to be of thee

let us hide ourselves in the bushes
and linger with our hopes
that they may be come aflame
with the presence of God
that we become consumed
by the Fire which purges
all of our dastardly ways

is this the ultimate sacrifice
as we so forlornly await
the presence to come upon us

i am lost
and i have wandered
for many years
in my own personal desert
a place where i have sacrificed
my innocence and wonder
upon the sands of time

will you cleave a rock for me my Lorde
that i may drink
for my soul thirsteth for thy Holy Water

let me drink thy fill

the Commandments of Old
have lost their flavor among Man
and we are resurrecting our Babel
that Tower that pays homage unto
our own “genius”
flawed as it may be

you see
i know you are a witness
for what can be hidden
from He who is all things

All Eyes On Me
is what Tupac said
and in my head
it resonated
and my desecrated
inebriated
self
demonstrated my disconnectedness
from that sacredness
i once took for granted
and now i long for

something about that dried up well
and i did not listen
to the telling of that story
either

but just the same
in whatever name
so be it
i do miss the water

and when this bush i hide behind
catches fire
my desire is but this
the bliss of that which i vie for
shall die for
deny no more
and that is
to be of thee


© 6 February 2013 : william s. peters, sr.

No comments: