Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

self turned . . . .



self turned . . .

i have been Accused
i have been Tried
i have been Convicted
i have been Sentenced
i have been Condemned
all by my own choosing . . .
“Self” has turned on me
“dimed” me out
why . . . i don’t know
i trusted him with my life
like a brother
just like he was my own
and he turned on me

i mean we shared everything together
we were the same Mind
the same Heart Beat
the same Breath
when you saw him . . .  you saw me
we were inseparable . . .
or so i thought
“Self” has turned on me

Over the years i have cared for him
i have fed him
we have dined at the finest restaurants
ate the most exotic foods
drank some of the finest wines
together
i have nurtured him
i even gave in to his small petty bullshit demands
i tolerated him
i clothed him
i even brushed his teeth and wiped his ass
i took him for walks
even though he did not really appreciate them
but i did it for his own good
we danced together
sang together
played together
i took him shopping
i even allowed him to be wasteful
and purchase so much shit we did not need
nor want
nor appreciate my sacrifices
many times
and
“Self” has turned on me

i have taken that asshole traitor on Vacations
to exotic places
introduced him to women
and good friends
i thought we were having fun
together
i even taught him to try different things
why, i even taught him to read and write
i have sat up long nights keeping him company
discussing all his vexations
and foibles
when he was down on him self, it was i who picked him up
encouraged him
dusted him off
i supported him in every way i could
and this is how this ungrateful bastard repays me
yes . . .
“Self” has turned on me

perhaps that is why they call him “Selfish”
for it seems in the end all he does care about is him self
but what about “me”
i have shed tears for him
i have laughed with him
i even embraced his issues
and his problems
and his trials and tribulations
as my own
i even shared his Joys
and his laughter
and his smiles
when he was happy . . .
i was happy
wait until i see him
he is a superficial
self delusional
self justifying
self edifying
self praising
lazy  no good for nothing . . .
“Self” has turned on me

No , , ,  Wait . . . .
i can not allow my “Self” to go out like this
Me, i am loving
i am kind
so i shall
i must forgive him
for all of his transgressions
past
present
and those to come
for
i am a loving God Created Divine Entity
i can not grow as long as i embrace this attitude
if i come to hate . .
what would become of me ?
perhaps i will just seek “self” out
and sit in silence with him
perhaps this is the time he really does need me
perhaps he too is hurting
and truly in need a friend
a hug
a smile
perhaps
i know we are truly brothers
perhaps we are truly one
Yes,
let me reach out
yes, though “Self” has turned on me
i am encouraged
for i am blessed
i can bring Goodness to this situation
i can bring Love
i can bring Hope
i can bring Joy
for . . .  “I AM”
yes
for when Self turned on me
i turned on “Self”
and now we shall come together
in love of “Self”
for when “Self” turned on me
my eyes have opened
and i shall turn on Self
as
self turned . . .

(c) 19 November 2010 : William S. Peters, Sr.

No comments: