Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2012

i poem


i poem

my poem, my muse, my love o’ fair
i penned my lines with angst and dare
i guised my craft as poetic-ware
i considered not thy toll nor tare

i’ve maligned thy name with language bane
to shine a light ‘pon humanity’s wane
i strive with word i tethered insane
for naught i think, for dark remain

to speak, to dance in lyrical quest
was this to be a “poet’s” test
i’ve not failed yet, to give thy best
instruct me dear muse, r’i die my less

let my verse ring true, in beauty in word
i pray my bitters’ ne’er be heard
let the children laugh and eat the curd
let our dreams expand beyond the third

thy Sun now shines for Souls which weep
to rinse the stain from eyes that sleep
let poetry’s divine conquer and creep
with harmonious tones abysmal and deep

if i can’t be the Poet, then i’ll be the song
for justice, for love, for righting the wrong
to answer the call, for which hearts do long
let us smile, let us dance, for the bell has rung strong


© 6  September 2012 : William S. Peters, Sr.



No comments: