Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

i knocked . . .



i knocked

yeah
i was feeling some kind of way
just like the other day
out of sorts
like a man in shorts
at the North Pole
and it was cold

my soul was beckoning me
for a reckoning in me
and i could not see the light
for the forest was dense
and i could make no sense of it

so i went to that door
that i had locked
long ago
and i knocked
and the still small voice
welcomed me in
again

it has been so many years
some laughter
some tears
since i approached these fears
of mine
embodied by my inner child
whom i have put away
in that closet

and now here i am
once again
with yet another humble request
from the best of me
that has tested me
in his silence

i have defied
i have lied
and in my bottled anguish
i have cried
so many times

and regardless
of all the rhymes i can muster
pen or speak
there is a liquid beauty
that leaks from my soul
that does not cajole me
nor console me
or enfold me
in it’s grace

and as i stood face to face
with my better self
i was humbled
as i fumbled
for an apology
for my abject neglect

and somewhere in the recesses
i did detect
a warmth of forgiveness
in spite of my mess

and thus
 i found rest
simply because i knocked
on the door
i had once locked

i knocked


© 24 May 2011 : William S. Peters, Sr.

No comments: