Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

awaiting me


awaiting me

i have emptied all my pockets
looked in all the secret places
i turn every stone i see
i cleave the wood
looking for that sacred key
to that which is locked up
inside of me

the angst
and disparity
bemuses me
and i smile

but for a little while
i tarry here at the bend of the road
with my temperance
for my self
while i await you
oh wayfarer
to show me the way
to me

where belies my sanctity
i ask
is the task of “knowing thyself”
that daunting
that you would keep it in the cupboard
locked away
that we the children may
not come to know
where you have hidden the sweets

oh soul of all souls
smite me if you must
and let me be
reborn
apart from the scorn
of our ways

may our days be days
where the true light
is everlasting

i stubbornly sit here fasting
at the bend of the road
awaiting you
awaiting me


© 2 October 2012 : William s. peters, sr.

No comments: