Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I Love you my Child . . . Poetry


I Love you my Child . . . Poetry


I woke up this morning with a thought. I saw each of my Poems as my children. I realized at that moment and through further examination and discussion that i have not always . . . all ways been the diligent parent. Sometimes i have sent my children out to face a world completely disheveled with unbrushed teeth, not fed nor nourished. Some times i just put them out of the house for no reason at all, save to get them out of the house. Why did i not at least make them wash their faces or change their underwear, perhaps it was my own lethargy . . .my laziness.

Poetry has been good to me. She has been an integral part of my life for many years. She has seen me through my joys, my exhilaration, my disdain, my pain, the birth of my other Children and so much, much more. She took the time to help me understand and examine the things in my life that were amiss and not too apparent. When i was down, She lifted my spirits and it was her verse that assisted me in finding reason to move forward with purpose. When i was hungry, She fed me. When i did thirst, She gave me drink and replenished my soul.

When i look back upon the path we shared it is clear and evident how much i have grown over the years with her by my side as an integral part of my journey. I am not saying that life would not have happened if she were not my constant companion, for it would and did. Many times over the years i have abandoned her to only find her waiting under the lamppost at the Three pronged corners of my Consciousness, my Heart  and my Need. She has always been loving to my soul even in her bitterness and angst as well as those soft and sweet loving times we tenderly expressed to and through each other. At the end of the day, i must say i am so honored to have been given the charge of being chosen to be a steward of one of her voices. I am humbled in a certain reverence as well.

My conscious choice at this time is that i promise to be more studious to Her message and Her craft, for Poetry you are my Child. As Parents, we are not always perfect. We must continue to strive to do the best we can. Sometimes little thongs do get by us. I just pray that i am ever diligent to not put you, Poetry out in the street unkempt, that your life aura is lost in the darkness. I shall dress you prettily in becoming clothing that the world may appreciate you as much as i do. Poetry, i just love you, and i thank you for sharing your life with me.

I Love you my Child . . . Poetry



© 19 August 2012 : William S. Peters, Sr.

No comments: