Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Coffee Mug


Photobucket

Look at me . . . look at me please, very carefully. What you see is but a cup, a vessel. I have a purpose, yes, even I have a Divine Blessed Duty . . . Yes, I am but a Coffee Mug! All I do is hold within me the liquid that fortifies your morning life. You could also use me as a Mug for your Teas, but my formal definition is “Coffee Mug”. I am graciously rewarded for providing my services . . . yes, I bet you never thought about me before. You see, each and every day, early in the morning I have the pleasure of touching your lips often, I am held in such a loving manner that words just can not describe. So often you look beyond my nature, for it is what is inside of me that is important to your life . . . but that’s ok with me, for I am still happy to serve !If you have a few moments, I would like to tell you my story . . .

Photobucket

It all started long ago . . . you see, in the beginning I was content to just exist, I had no questions, duties, or any such aspirations in life. I was just a part of the whole, for I was just the Clay of the Earth. Then one day, a harvester came along and separated me from my surroundings and took me to a place where I was washed and cleaned. This was quite a shocking experience, for all that I previously knew and was, was in the process of being changed.

Red Clay

After I was washed of most of my natural qualities I was a part of, I took on a new appearance. Little did I know what was to come! I was then taken to a place where the light was great. You see, all my life before was spent in the darkness and solitude of being a part of the Earth. . . a greater Whole.

Photobucket

There was this other Life Being, He or She took me and started to play with me . . . that felt real good. I was massaged, manipulated, stretched and shaped . I did not mind it too much, but there were times when I was stretched beyond my natural limits and I broke . . . but the hands of my new associate gently put me back together again. Then He /She put me on this ride where I was spinning around and around . . . wow that was fun! As I was spinning I felt myself taking on new and exciting shapes and characteristics. I was rounded and smoothed and tweaked. It was all good until they just ripped a piece of me off of me and put it back. This was done several times. I have later learned that was to become one of my new characteristics . . . yes, I have an arm . . . a handle. Beautiful don’t you think? Now I have the ability to be held, but very gently, for I was still soft inside and out. Little did I know what was to come. My Creator was pleased with me. I watched as they say and admired their Creation . . . ME! Then . . . OMG . . . they put me on a tray and put me in this HOT HOT HOT HOT place . . .OUCH! God was it Hot! I stayed there for what seemed to be an eternity! Then the light came and I was released from that torturous experience. I started to cool down and gather my senses and become aware of my surroundings. Wow, for some reason I felt different . . . I felt strong . . . I felt indestructible ! I had a new firmness about me a new resolution! My arm was no longer weak . . . I could be held with certainty . . . and I was sure of what I had become . . . for I heard my Creator call me . . . a Coffee Mug!

Photobucket

Now I have a defined purpose. And for my service, each day I am held gently and kissed often. I thank you for your love.
I love being a Coffee Mug.
By the way, I am also good with All Teas, Cappuccinos, Espresso, Café Latte, Water, Soda . . . for I am very versatile. I also have many Brothers and Sisters who have similar experiences.
Thank you for listening to my story.
I wish you the same blessings in your life . . .
. . . to discover your purpose !

Photobucket

~ story related by ~
~ Tamika . . . my Daughter ~
Project : “share the love”
~ bill ~

© 2008 : William S. Peters, Sr.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: