Ther Vine Keeper

"The Vine Keeper . . . messages in poetry & prose" by William S. Peters, Sr. is an Epic offering of Bill's writing. It is 439 pages of a truly transformative work. The Book Size is 8 by 10 Perfect for just $29.95 . . . makes a great Gift of Love and Spirit for the Seeker.
For more of Bill's Books and CDs visit www.iamjustbill.com or www.innerchildpress.com

Now Available

Now Available
The Vine Keeper

Now Available

Words and Voice of 'just bill'

pay it forward

Donate to World Healing ~ World Peace Poetry 2014 Distribution

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

and i smile . . . because you are


and i smile . . . because you are

thoughts
are like grains of sand
upon this pristine lonely beach
where my consciousness
has cast it’s anchor
and each one
is of you

i have no need
of my sails
for my dream is fulfilled

my sextant and my rudder
have served me true
served me well

i sit here in contemplation
reflecting on the voyage past

the turbulent seas
the storms
the long hot days
and damp cold nights
and i smile

yes
i smile now
but the voyage . . .
it was not so easy

i prayed for land
so many times
but all i was given
was endless horizons
regardless of the direction
i took
or directions i looked
all i saw was
. . .  possibilities

they came to me
in the Ocean’s swell
telling me of Sailors
like i
who could not see
the promise

as my tomorrows
became my yesterdays
i began to think
i had lost my way
but my heart knew
of this place
my ultimate destination

it whispered as one
with the nymphs and muses
of the Sea
evoking visions
longings
for this unknown land
this beach

a place where it’s certainty
became my reality and certainly
i am eternally grateful

and as i lay my head
in these sands of thoughts
reflection
remembrance
of the journey
and what it now reveals
i can do naught
but dance my soul
into an exhaustive slumber
with all that i am
embracing our one-ness
one nest
each as our own
in blissful reunion

and i smile
because you are


© 3 September 2011 : William S. Peters, Sr.

No comments: